Experimenting..

2:10 AM

lead to a BEAUTIFUL invention!.. :D

Not exactly and "invention" actually.. But I did make something awesome! :)
Okay, from the start.. I was soo inspired by Donna Mundinger's challenge at Y's blog that I started experimenting again with my Silhouette sd.. I used to LOVE Lucy's shaped cards and recently it struck me.. DUDE WHY DON'T YOU TRY IT ON SILHOUETTE?!..

Soo.. with loads of experimenting.. errors and corrections.. I was finally able to come up with this:

Supplies: Cardstock - Baby Pink; Paper - Recycled paper-bag; Stamps - Stampin' Up!, YNS, MSE!; Ink - White, Versamark; Clear embossing powder; Embellishments - Pearls, Flower;

The Pie Lane flower embellishment matched perfectly!

I am sooo happy with the result! :D
I created a .GSD file for anyone who wants to make this shape of card :)
{ Download file here }

I am entering the card for the following challenges:
Try It On Tuesday{Old - Upcycled brown paper bag, New - Clear Embossing Powder}
Creative Inspirations
Phindy's Place
--- Happy Crafting! ---

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. wow.. beautiful shaped card... lovely embossing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shape of the card, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mess girl!!! but what a superb card..I love the shape...pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite amazing!! a shaped card with SD. Very innovative inded. The card is pretty and loved the embossing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty card.. loved the shape n great embossing

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty card Spardha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty love the shape thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet pinky card,lovely embossing

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a pretty shaped card! Glad my guest Donna inspired you to experiment with your machine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice embossing and great shape..love the fact that you recycled a paper bag

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg! This is so goood! Love the delicate colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. Love the shape & the pink really 'pops'. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Spardha, Great inventing going on here LOL! Love your shaped cards, ooh I think I'd like a cutting machine, one day. Hope you're well ;0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Spardha!
    Love all this embossing! Thanks so much for playing with us at Phindy's this week. :-)
    Hugs,
    Dorcas
    ps) there's still time to join in my "no strings attached" blog candy if you haven't already done so. Its open til May 13th and you can find it located at the top of my sidebar. I hope you can play!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11 May, 2011

    amazing !! luv it

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had the same epiphany! I too have always been oohing and aahiing over Lucy's cards and tried the shaped thingy on Silhouette. Looks great doesnt it! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!
Thanks for your time :)